Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Judy Reed Guyot 1939-2016


Judy and I shared an apartment in Liberty, Mo., when we were nursing students doing a public health practicum at Clay County Public Health Department. I responded to the statement in her obituary - "Judy was passionate in her views. . ." Indeed, that is the Judy I remember! She once got furious with the School of Nursing and changed her major for a day or two. How she was able to manage this and change it back again with all the University red tape, I cannot imagine. But I suspect that she was such an outstanding student, that the School of Nursing made some allowances. When she believed in the principles of justice in an issue, you had better just stand back! I always admired her and I regret that we did not see each other much after we left Columbia. I am sure her life made a difference to others. 

No comments: